Content Harry Potter Crossovers/Multiple Fandoms Metafandom

Reviews

loretta537 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th July 2010 4:27pm

this was so funny

shiningphoenix posted a comment on Friday 18th June 2010 11:15pm

Oh god, this is truly hilarious!

I started laughing partway through and couldn't stop for almost a minute after reaching the end.

Excellent story.

Puck1 posted a comment on Monday 3rd November 2008 7:27pm

I can see why Dumbledore was trying not to laugh...I was also trying not to laugh due to parental units being in the general vicinity.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Wednesday 20th February 2008 10:25pm

And, as always, when he wants to, Dumbles can sum up a very confusing, involving situation in one sentence, and leave his audience gasping for breath.

DSDragon posted a comment on Sunday 16th December 2007 12:37pm

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO!

I've been reading your stories for DAYS now, and I have to say that they're quite good.

While I don't normally read fanfiction with non-canonical slash, I will if 1) the slash is not the main point of the story, 2) the story itself is well-written and has a good plot, and 3) the author has managed to suspend my disbelief about the history (for lack of a better term) of the slash itself--or in other words, why the slash is there in the first place, how the characters came to have a slash releationship, etc.

On all three of those points, your "Stealing Harry" universe has so far succeeded. "Cartographer's Craft" has almost succeeded, in that, while I would cringe--under normal circumstances--at a Sirius/Harry relationship, the fact that the Sirius in the story is actually YOUNGER than Harry does help. However, the story does not completely suspend my disbelief because, while you mention Harry's (entirely canonical) mention to Ginny that he felt as though he were living someone else's life while he was with her, you also ignored the (also etirely canonical) "several sunlit days" of Harry and Ginny's kiss in the Gryffindor common room, which obviously (to me, probably especially since I was an H/G 'shipper long before even book five came out and was completely ecstatic when it actually happened) conveyed the sense that the "someone else's life" comment was an expression of Harry's innate sense of "too good to be true," or at the very least, "too good to last," and his fear that he would not be able to fulfill his destiny should something happen to her.

On the whole though, I have enjoyed your stories quite a lot, especially this one and "Owl Post," as well as "Cartographer's Craft" and the "Stealing Harry" universe (for which I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter of Fugitive from Azkaban, and have added your name to my e-mail alerts).

By the by, where did you get the title "Laocoon's Children?" I kept waiting for the mythology of it to be explained in the stories, but so far have seen nothing. Who is/was Laocoon, and why did you choose to call them (Harry, Draco, Neville and Padma) his/her children? (Just out of curiosity--I find the processes that authors go through in choosing good titles quite interesting.)

Kali_Potter posted a comment on Monday 22nd October 2007 4:45pm

Oh my god, That was slightly scary. It was, in fact, very scarily Harry.

caveat posted a comment on Saturday 18th August 2007 10:58am

From dictionary.com

For your use of 'symbiology' --

Search: Symbiology

"No results found for symbiology.
Did you mean symbology (in dictionary) or Symbology (in encyclopedia)?"

Search: Symbology

"sym ·bol ·o ·gy /sɪmˈbÉ’lÉ™dÊ’i/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sim-bol-uh-jee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
—noun
1. the study of symbols.
2. the use of symbols; symbolism.
[Origin: 1830—40; by haplology, symbolo- (comb. form of symbol) + -logy]

—Related forms
sym ·bo ·log ·i ·cal /ËŒsɪmbəˈlÉ’dʒɪkÉ™l/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sim-buh-loj-i-kuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, adjective
sym ·bol ·o ·gist, noun
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006."

For your use of 'symbiologically'

Search: Symbologically

"No results found for symbologically.
Did you mean symbological ly (in dictionary) or Sociobiological (in encyclopedia)?"

Search: Symbiologically

"No results found for symbiologically.
Did you mean sym biologically (in dictionary) or Sociobiological (in encyclopedia)?"

Search: Symbolically

"sym ·bol ·ic /sɪmˈbÉ’lɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sim-bol-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
—adjective
1. serving as a symbol of something (often fol. by of).
2. of, pertaining to, or expressed by a symbol.
3. characterized by or involving the use of symbols: a highly symbolic poem.
4. (in semantics, esp. formerly) pertaining to a class of words that express only relations. Compare notional (def. 7).
5. Computers. expressed in characters, usually nonnumeric, that require translation before they can be used (opposed to absolute).
Also, sym ·bol ·i ·cal (for defs. 1—4).

[Origin: 1650—60; < LL symbolicus < Gk symbolikós. See symbol, -ic]

—Related forms
sym ·bol ·i ·cal ·ly, adverb
sym ·bol ·i ·cal ·ness, noun"

Unless... you really meant symbiosis. Which I doubt.

redjacobson posted a comment on Sunday 12th August 2007 9:09am

what are you feeding your muse? what ever it is; can you send some my way? This was absolutely brilliant!

red

Crys posted a comment on Thursday 9th August 2007 5:53am

*laugh* Oh, all the subtle digs . . .

Two different Malfoys got slammed. Oh, and the concept of Lucius being a literal bastard? :)

Remus chides Binns multiple times for not allowing him off the grounds for research.

Those quotes he got were absolutely hysterical. Taken literally, or as evidence in support of the hypothesis, they're equally valuable!

Reading through all the short stories, I'm amazed at the breadth of writing styles you're showing.

motherjenjen posted a comment on Tuesday 31st July 2007 7:07pm

lovely absoulyty halerious
i love the teachers at the end in the appendix whith all of then wondering why remus is laughing or coughing
thanks
JEN

Amelia posted a comment on Sunday 15th July 2007 2:13pm

YAY! This just confirms everything I've ever thought about Quidditch. And it's so Remus! I loved the little appendix notes - especially "[21] And what goes on in the locker room on his own time and with consenting companions is entirely his own business, I must say, and hardly reason to ban him from playing." It's brilliant!

On another note, I've just finished reading Stealing Harry. It's fantastic, and I just wanted to congratulate you on writing such a brilliant story that manages to be entirely AU but so believeable. And your Remus/Sirius scenes? Amazing. I'm going on to Laocoon's Children now - I'm sure it'll be just as good!

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Sunday 3rd June 2007 7:13am

Sounds like Snape actually found it within himself to be civil to Remus. Very funny.

Maddie Potter posted a comment on Sunday 8th April 2007 2:11am

Fucking ROFL!!!!!!!!

XD OhEmGee that was the best thing I have ever read... LMAO!!!

Gosh, I can't stop giggling at the bit at the end.

pyrodaemon posted a comment on Friday 16th March 2007 10:46am

omg that was great! Even if it was an essay and I can read those all day at school. Lol. That was completely different from anything I've ever read before so good job on that. Lol. ;)

Rhi McLaughlin posted a comment on Monday 5th March 2007 12:17pm

Brilliant, marvelous, wonderful! Truly well-researched on Lupin's behalf!!!

James Potter posted a comment on Sunday 28th January 2007 8:29pm

lol i loved this story

the end of it was really funny

:)

morriganscrow posted a comment on Tuesday 21st November 2006 1:06pm

Fabulous! And so well researched!!

Karateetee posted a comment on Wednesday 15th November 2006 12:53pm

That was utterly hilarious! I love how you've taken great care to lace the notations with funny insights from Remus himself...brilliant!

nonjon posted a comment on Wednesday 16th August 2006 6:26am

Impressive little ficlet. The start was so detailed and, unfortunately like an essay, that I was losing interest in reading it. But once we got into outright comparisons, discussions of the positions/titles, and the quotes at the end, it was well worth trudging through the factual and analytical parts. Impressive that you wrote the whole essay. Not terribly entertaining as fanfic, but still a commendable work.

Thanks to the Dorothy for posting and Copperbadge for writing.

Random_Guy posted a comment on Saturday 22nd July 2006 11:22am

Classic! I have to wonder though... what would happen if Harry (or, more likely Hermione given her bibliophilic streak) got their hands on it.